Tuesday, May 1, 2012

ELAIC: Poem

1
HE FINALLY REPLIED!
HE REPLIED TO ME!
AFTER ALL THIS TIME
HE APPRECIATES MY
DEDICATION, FINALLY!
I'VE BEEN WRITING HIM
FOR YEARS AND YEARS!
What would Dad think?
Would he be surprised?
Or maybe
he's Stephen Hawking
in disguise.
How wonderful would that be?
Dad finally replying to me,
through the voice of
Stephen Hawking.
Why did he wait so long?
The thought gives me heavy boots.

2
I worry about Oskar,
and I know he misses his father.
I do too.
He's been very sick lately,
I don't want to lose him too.
I can't.
I wonder if he thinks I don't care.
How could he ever think that?
Have I been neglecting him?
No, never.
He reminds me of his dad so much.
The things Thomas used to do
are embedded into his DNA.
It's scary how much he reminds me of him sometimes.
I shouldn't say that, I forgot he doesn't like the comparison.

3
Look at him.
I'm so proud.
He's looking around for that lock,
just how I taught him.
But I wish I could tell him that
that key has nothing to do with me.
I could never ruin his adventure though.
*shrugs*
Maybe this is what he needed to finally let me go.
I can't help but to think what could have been.
He still has the messages..
I wish he would show his mother.
Can he feel my presence?
I'm glad he didn't see it on TV,
because that was a very long fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment