Thursday, April 26, 2012

Jordan - Section 2

I made a collage for section two of our book. I wanted it to represent the sort of frantic thoughts Oskar has while representing his journey. I picked some memorable and reoccurring images from the story that are important to his adventure. I chose a quote to put in the middle that shows the reason he is trying to hard to find this key. He flashes back to when his dad was alive, and they discuss the significance of moving a grain of sand in the Sahara desert. His dad explains to him that he would've changed the course of human history if he does this, proving that he has the ability to make a difference; he should never give up. And this is the philosophy Oskar lives by during his journey of finding the lock this key fits. This was one of my favorite passages, and I wanted to incorporate it and these themes into a collage of his journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment